Summer Day Camp 2013
Here's the "scoop" on the program for the Salesian Summer Day Camp:
- Camp is open for boys & girls ages 6 to 14.
- Although we operate within a Catholic Christian tradition, our club members and campers come from a wide variety of ethnic, economic, cultural and religious backgrounds, all of which are respected.
- There are nine (9) one-week sessions (Monday - Friday).
- Camp begins Monday, June 24, 2013 and ends Friday, August 23, 2013.
- The camp day runs from 7am to 6 pm.
- The cost is $150 per session (week) or $125 if paid one FULL week in advance.
(This means 7 days before the week you are registering for.)
- To register, each person will need a registration form and a health form completely filled out. An official immunization record must be submitted with the health form.
Family Sibling Discount
If more than one child is attending the same week, the 2nd and subsequent children receive a $25 discount. So, if you are paying for the current week, your first child pays $150 and your remaining children pay $125. If you pay a week in advance, the first child pays $125 and each subsequent child pays $100 for that same week.
Family discounts apply only to children attending camp the same week.
Here is a partial list of activities usually offered at Camp:
You will notice that "nothing" is not included among our activities!
Perhaps instead of asking your child, "What did you do in Camp today?" and hearing the usual "Oh, nothing...," you might want to show this list of activities to your child and ask in which ones he/she participated and which one was liked most!
Camp Daily Schedule
- From 7 AM to 9 AM we have open activities. Breakfast is served during this time.
- At 9 each morning, we have the Opening Assembly.
- From then until 12, there are structured activities according to age groups.
- At noon, we serve lunch.
- From 1 to 4, there are structured activities again.
- From 4 pm until closing, we again have open activities - outdoors if the weather permits.
- Children must be picked up by 6 pm otherwise an extra fee will be charged to cover staff overtime.
Most of our senior staff are former members of our club or have worked in the club for several years or both. Most of our assisting staff are, or have been, members of the club or are residents of Boston or of surrounding areas. The background of each of our staff is checked by CORI and SORI and all participate in a Safe Environment training session before camp begins.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS...
Does the camp accept vouchers?
The Salesian Boys & Girls Club accepts vouchers from the Department of Early Education and Care (EEC), the agency that provides financial assistance for child care. For more information read the Letter to parents and guardians and download and complete the ATTENDANCE NOTIFICATION AGREEMENT
May I visit the camp in session before signing my child up?
Yes. Please call the camp and request a time for the visit.
How do I register my child for Camp?
Obtain and fill out a registration form and the health record and the record of immunizations for each child and return them to the office at 150 Byron St. with the appropriate camp fees. You can obtain the forms at our office OR download them from this website. (See the column on the upper right. You need Adobe Reader installed on your computer to view and print them.)
Where do I get my child's immunization records?
Get them from your family doctor, from your health clinic or from your child's school nurse. The immunization record must be signed by a doctor.
I have copies of my child's immunization record at home. Can I use them?
Yes, if they are less than 2 years old AND have a doctor's signature.
I still have questions...
Then call the club office at 617-567-6626 during club hours, or, before the camp season begins, at 617-569-6551 from 10 AM to 2:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
If you have questions concerning the programming or operation of this summer's camp, you may email the Program Director.
NOTE: To send an email, you MUST have YOUR email program set up on your computer by using the internet options. If this is not so, you can do it this way: (1) copy the address from the TO field, (2) open your email program, and (3) paste the address in the TO box. Then you can compose and send the email from your account.